Photo Mode/Time Lapse/Resolution

The place to discuss general topics.
Discussions on RICOH R capturing techniques or self-made apps, etc.
amahon

Unread post by amahon » April 26th, 2017, 1:18 pm

I'm curious about a couple of things: a) Photo Mode, b) Time Lapse and c) Photo Resolution.

Regarding a) Photo Mode - will the RICOH R provide a photo mode. Documentation suggests that the camera is oriented around Video and does not specify that a still Photo Mode will be available. Can you provide some clarity around this?

Regarding b) Time Lapse mode, I have a use case that would benefit from having a fairly fast time lapse turnaround. Ideally, 1 photo per 0.5 seconds. Is this something that will be achievable with the RICOH R out of the box? If not, by developing custom software to interact with the camera?

Regarding c) Photo Resolution, I'm curious about the maximum resolution that the RICOH R will provide for photos. I see that for Video, the max resolution available is 1920 x 960 - is it possible to achieve anything higher for still photos.

Thanks much, looking forward to testing with the camera!

Andrew

toshi3221

Re: Photo Mode/Time Lapse/Resolution

Unread post by toshi3221 » April 28th, 2017, 4:15 am

Unfortunately, the RICOH R doesn't support a still capture function, and also, it's no plan to support. :(
The RICOH R is a spherical camera device specialized for long-term real-time streaming.

Thank you for your interest of the RICOH R ;)

Michaelgop

Unread post by Michaelgop » August 5th, 2018, 9:47 am

Thanks for posting this Chris. I just loved time-lapsed video stories. Definitely not like watching paint dry, is it?

EssyBuh

Unread post by EssyBuh » May 25th, 2019, 4:45 am

Hi chase Im still here, first time back on for a while. The kids getting older and all that it is hard to make time.

Barrydot

Unread post by Barrydot » July 6th, 2019, 1:42 pm

thank you I know the question was a little stupid but I really had trouble with that..

Shermanoralt

Unread post by Shermanoralt » August 1st, 2019, 10:38 pm

Hi,
I need millisecond elapsed time counter Moacon system but gettimeofday function is not compiled in library and rtcRead have second resolution, Is there another way to calculate the number of milliseconds elapsed in a loop?

Jak