Photo Mode/Time Lapse/Resolution

The place to discuss general topics.
Discussions on RICOH R capturing techniques or self-made apps, etc.
amahon

Unread post by amahon » April 26th, 2017, 1:18 pm

I'm curious about a couple of things: a) Photo Mode, b) Time Lapse and c) Photo Resolution.

Regarding a) Photo Mode - will the RICOH R provide a photo mode. Documentation suggests that the camera is oriented around Video and does not specify that a still Photo Mode will be available. Can you provide some clarity around this?

Regarding b) Time Lapse mode, I have a use case that would benefit from having a fairly fast time lapse turnaround. Ideally, 1 photo per 0.5 seconds. Is this something that will be achievable with the RICOH R out of the box? If not, by developing custom software to interact with the camera?

Regarding c) Photo Resolution, I'm curious about the maximum resolution that the RICOH R will provide for photos. I see that for Video, the max resolution available is 1920 x 960 - is it possible to achieve anything higher for still photos.

Thanks much, looking forward to testing with the camera!

Andrew

toshi3221

Re: Photo Mode/Time Lapse/Resolution

Unread post by toshi3221 » April 28th, 2017, 4:15 am

Unfortunately, the RICOH R doesn't support a still capture function, and also, it's no plan to support. :(
The RICOH R is a spherical camera device specialized for long-term real-time streaming.

Thank you for your interest of the RICOH R ;)

Michaelgop

Unread post by Michaelgop » August 5th, 2018, 9:47 am

Thanks for posting this Chris. I just loved time-lapsed video stories. Definitely not like watching paint dry, is it?

EssyBuh

Unread post by EssyBuh » May 25th, 2019, 4:45 am

Hi chase Im still here, first time back on for a while. The kids getting older and all that it is hard to make time.