4K panoramic RICOH R Development kit

The place to discuss development topics.
Discussions on the RICOH R API and SDK, image processing of spherical images, other hardware related topics, introduction of useful libraries, etc.
yoosee

4K panoramic RICOH R Development kit

Unread post by yoosee » January 12th, 2018, 7:22 am

According to the news report, the RICOH R Development kit will soon release 4K ultra high definition panoramic camera that utilizes Hisilicon Hi3559A SoC. Is this true? when the development kit will be available for selling?

At CES 2018, Hisilicon exhibited a 4K 360 degree panorama camera prototype using RICOH R DK optical modules. Hi3559A is Hisilicon's flagship MobileCam product. It can support 8-channel sensor input, 8K resolution codec, and Any View Stitching Processor (AVSP). These advantages of Hi3559A will help customers to make more competitive cameras. For the panorama camera industry, Hi3559A solves the issue of low resolution by supporting 8K UDH resolution. AVSP, integrated into Hi3559A, can support flexible stitching modes, including 2-8 non-fisheye cameras, or 2-4 fisheye cameras. Hi3559A also supports major project modes like Equirectangular, Cylindrical, Cubic, and Rectilinear. Hi3559A's state of the art high precision difference and blending algorithms are used to give the stitching image better articulation and make transitions in the seam area more natural.

take10

Re: 4K panoramic RICOH R Development kit

Unread post by take10 » January 26th, 2018, 5:46 am

Hi,yoosee.
Thank you for your comment.
It is true that the 4K version prototype of RICOH R Development kit was exhibited at CES, but there is no plan to release it.

Michaelgop

viewtopic php t 166

Unread post by Michaelgop » September 3rd, 2018, 8:39 am

I can not participate now in discussion - it is very occupied. I will be released - I will necessarily express the opinion on this question.

:)

FrostSolBuh

viewtopic php t 166

Unread post by FrostSolBuh » September 23rd, 2018, 1:57 pm

Completely I share your opinion. In it something is also idea excellent, I support.